A fully funded scholarship for the University College London Global Masters is now open. The UCL Global Masters Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from low-income families to study full-time for a Master’s degree at UCL.
The 75 (seventy-five) scholarships are available in 2023/24 with five aimed specifically at students from India. And the value of the bursary is £15,000.
The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case, the scholarship will be paid 50% each year.
Other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries may be held in addition to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of the student’s other funds. Scholarship recipients must notify the UCL Student Funding Office immediately if they receive any other funding for their UCL Master’s degree studies, whether before or after receiving the UCL Global Masters Scholarship.
The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
Value: £15,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Overseas
Eligible programmes: All postgraduate taught
Deadline: 5pm BST, Thursday 27 April 2023
Who is Eligible for UCL Global Masters Scholarship?
Candidates may be from any country other than the United Kingdom, but they must meet all of the following requirements:
- be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- come from a lower income background*;
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2023/24.
- Please note: Distance-learning options are not eligible for this fund; students must be coming to the UK to attend UCL in person.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are up to 70 (seventy) scholarships available in 2023/24.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
Selection for UCL Global Masters Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
How to apply for the scholarship
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must have submitted a complete admission application to UCL (including references).
While you do not need to have received an offer of admission to be eligible for this scholarship, UCL Admissions must have confirmed your fee status. This occurs for some students shortly after applying to the university, but for many, it does not occur until just before an offer of admission is made. If you are unable to access the scholarship application form, you may have to wait until UCL has made a decision on whether or not to make you an admission offer. Please apply for admission well in advance of the scholarship deadline.
Steps to apply for the scholarship
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ‘Check and apply‘ under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply for funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
Deadline for UCL Global Masters Scholarship
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Thursday 27 April 2023. And successful candidates for 2023/24 will be notified by early July 2023.